Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation

Ok, so I'm about a month behind in posting this, but I blame it on my busy schedule......and my lack of motivation to put these pictures up.
Trevor and I took a week off in the beginning of July to take a vacation. We decided to go camping with my sister Jacki and her family for a couple days. I haven't been camping since I was a kid, so this was a little rough for me! My kids were soooooo dirty!! It took so much self restraint to just let my kids play in the dirt! We ended up camping in Carmel, which is about 15 minutes from Monterey. The campsite wasn't what we were expecting, but we did enjoy the playground for the kids, the basketball hoop, and the pool. The kids had such a fun time playing with their cousins.


Everyone ended up getting dirty.........

...but nobody was as dirty as Emily!


I fought the urge to puke when Emily ate some mushy eggs off the ground that had been stepped on and were covered in dirt. Ughhhh....I'm feeling sick just thinking about it!

The next day we packed up camp and headed to the Monterey Aquarium. Jonathan loved seeing all the different fish, and enjoyed it even more since he was with his cousins. Emily wasn't very fond of sitting in the stroller the whole time, but she enjoyed when she got to get out and play. They had a fun area for toddlers, and Jonathan and Emily had so much fun playing with the toys and getting soaked in the water. There was a lady walking around with an otter puppet that Emily couldn't get enough of. We ended up buying her one of her own since she loved it so much.

We had a wonderful vacation, and I'm so glad we were able to go with the Ropers! Hopefully this is the first of many vacations with them!

4 comments:

heather b. said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!! I told Jared that MAYBE nest summer I might give camping another go! Our last experience was HORRIBLE!!!

gnomeswife77 said...

We had fun too! Thanks for taking the vacation with us! luv ya hun.

Naomi said...

Looks like you had a great time! We love to camp too- and recovering from the dirt usually takes at least a few days once we get home- but it's worth it! We need to get together sometime!

melissabastow said...

You are brave to camp...atleast in my opinion because I HATE CAMPING. I have been able to avoid it since having kids and hopefully I can get out of many more years to come. It just isn't right to not have a toilet nearby among other things (like the dirt.) I think I would have cringed at the egg eating as well... But the aquarium looked really fun (dirtless fun.)