Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My big kid!


Well, it's official. Jonathan is potty trained!!!!!!! Hooray!!! We have been trying to potty train him for months, but he never wanted to do it. Thankfully my sister Jacki decided to potty train her son Jacob around the same time, which has helped things quite a bit. Jonathan always says he wants to wear big boy underwear like Jacob! We're so excited to be done with pull ups and diapers(although we still have Emily, but changing 1 is better than 2!) I love this picture of Jonathan. He refuses to wear his underwear the right way. He wants to be able to see the picture, so he wears them backwards. I think it's just hilarious! We are so proud of our big boy!!

4 comments:

bobatharoo said...

That is so super exciting. The day that you don't have to change another diaper on the child you're potty training is almost unbelievable. It's quite a milestone. Congrats!

gnomeswife77 said...

Yeah Jonathan! Yeah Juli! Oh, Happy Day!

heather b. said...

That is so great!!!! But I HATE potty training and I am sooooo not looking forward to potty training Maggie!!

melissabastow said...

Way cool - - I'm jealous. We have been trying to potty train Caleb for like 50 YEARS!!!!! I think I'm destined to a life of never-ending diapers. I like Jonathon's undwerwear theory - why do they put the picture on the back, really? No one can see their own butt (unless they're REALLY flexible, and in that case they can special order their underwear for all I care.) And mainly just a big congratulations on the potty training - it is the hardest thing on the planet....or one of them anyway!