Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Swimming classes


I'm really late blogging about this, but I figured better late than never!
This was the first year we signed Jonathan up for swimming lessons. He had a really tough time the first two days. The first day he got in the pool only because Trevor, the great daddy that he is, went in with him FULLY CLOTHED! The second day I had him and
Emily by myself, so obviously I couldn't get in with him. I tried everything, from bribing to threatening to pleading, but nothing worked(bad mommy moment!). I ended up just taking him home early because I was so frustrated. The next day I decided that it didn't matter if he got in. I paid for those darn lessons, so we should at least go. So, we sat in the chairs by the pool and watched everyone swim. After a while I asked Jonathan if he wanted to go in, but he said he was scared. I asked him if he wanted to say a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help him not be scared, and he thought that was a good idea(good mommy moment!:) hooray!). So, sitting there by the pool with all the moms and dads looking at me like I'm crazy, we said a prayer. And five minutes later Jonathan was in the pool. We went the rest of the two weeks of lessons without a problem. I don't know if he'll remember that years down the road, but it's exciting to see the beginnings of a testimony. Anyway, he had a really great time. He loved his teacher, and by the end of the class he was comfortable going under the water, among many other things. We can't wait for next year!

going under the water for the 1st time

His class was at 9am! He was so cold!

He loved his teacher!

Jonathan putting his ear in the water for the 1st time

Jonathan and his teacher Jessica

Poor Emily was so bored! She wanted to swim with brother!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

He is sooooooo cute!