Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's time...

I've decided it's time to hop back on the diet bandwagon. If you know me, you know I struggle with my weight. And with the roller coaster weight gains and weight losses, comes a roller coaster of depression and more depression. Last year I went on weight watchers and lost 30 lbs. I was so proud of myself! But then halloween and thanksgiving came, and I just gave up. I was tired of counting everything I ate and tired of feeling guilty all the time. So I just went the opposite direction and ate everything in sight. Long story short, I've gained back 20 of the 30 lbs(so embarrassing to admit!!). My clothes are all tight and I feel like I'm always depressed. (Sorry, this is not a 'pity me' party. I just feel like I need to make it public that I'm going to try to be good so others will support me. I definitely can't do it on my own!) So today I decided that I'm going to start out light. I'm going to eat smaller portions, eat less sweets, drink my water, and exercise.....is that light? Anyway, I don't know if I can count calories yet. I'll probably work up to that. But at least I have a goal, right? My friend Lindsey has a separate blog where she writes about her diet, and I think I might do that. I can't afford to go to weight watchers meetings, but maybe if I set up a blog, then you guys can comment and give me the guilt trip my meeting leader would normally give me!! So, wish me luck. I'll let you all know how I'm doing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We can do it! pretty soon we'll be two sexy chicks! (dressed modestly of course) haha I've decided that the important part is to Never quite! Add up every pound you've lost and add it what you weigh now... not a pretty number right? that's how big we would be if we gave up forever! Of course dieting is off limits on game night.... and yes, thank goodness for the GOOD DAYS!

melissabastow said...

I am right there with you! I hate diets though - they make me want to eat more because they're so restrictive. So I won't be counting calories either - but after having all of my kids I need to lose 50 pounds to get back to what I weighed when I got married. (I'm thinking if I lose like half of that I'll be doing good, right?!)

Naomi said...

You can do it Juli! I just think it is amazing how much a womans body changes over a lifetime. I was thinking about it. . . in the 8years we have been married, I have gained and lost 50 lbs. 3 times over. . . I am praying that the fourth time around I can still say that I lost what I gained. . . we'll see. I know for me that consistant workouts (a little cardio and a lot of weights) seem to work the best. I also only let myself get on the scale once a month when I am working at loosing weight- this way, my mind is less focused on the actual numbers and more focused on feeling better because I am excercising and eating healthy. Anyway, I know you can do whatever you put your mind to! I'll be working at it again soon, so we can cheer each other on!