Friday, October 10, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

So much has been going on lately, and I finally have some downtime (for the minute) to update my blog! I know...you're all super excited.
The biggest news is that we've moved! Hooray!! We've officially had it for about a month, but still haven't moved most of our stuff in. We got it at a great price, and it's the perfect size for our family to grow into. Our biggest project has been putting down new floors. The entire house had blue-green carpet! We're not really fans of that color, so for the last month we've been working on putting new flooring in. The carpet upstairs was the easiest. We just had somebody install it. But we decided to put laminate wood flooring throughout the whole downstairs, and that has just been a pain in the tush!!!! Thankfully we have lots of family and friends that have been so great to help with installing and watching the kids while it's being done. I don't think we could have done it without them. We're still working on the flooring, and only have the kitchen left. I can't wait until it's all done! Then we can move the rest of our stuff in! So here are some pics of the house. Pardon the mess in some of the pictures! Oh, and I've lost my camera, so thanks Alisa for taking the pictures!!

The front of the house

The yard. We hope it will get green soon!!

The kitchen


We painted the whole downstairs in a day and a half! What a rough day that was!!

The kids enjoying peaches from our new peach tree

The kids LOVE the backyard!

My poor kids...they've ended up watching a lot of tv while we put the flooring in

Trevor and I workin hard for the money

Our little helper

This picture was too cute to leave out

Jonathan was a really good helper!

Well, I thought I had more pictures, but apparently not! You can see the new carpet in the background of one of the pictures, but I'll just have to update once I find my camera. And I'll put pictures up of how the rooms look before and after.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juli- how exciting! And a lot of work! It is worth it in the end - and the money savings is even better. Your house looks great and it looks like the kids have survived.

Jessica said...

I am so excited to see the house finally. It is a beaut clark.

heather b. said...

Looks nice....can't wait to see it!!

melissabastow said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the color of floor you guys are putting in! I would love to ditch our carpet and ugly tile for dark wood floors. Does it look fabulous? If you want to lie and say that it doesn't look THAT good just to make feel better about the ugly tile that's ok.

Congrats on the new house!

bobatharoo said...

How exciting! It is so exciting when you have your own space where everyone can spread out and your own yard. I'm happy for you guys. Good luck on the rest of the renovations.

Naomi said...

I LOVE it! It is gorgeous! And I love the flooring!

melissabastow said...

I tagged you on my blog! Tee heeeeeee heeeeeeeeeee.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. I can't believe you got a home. That's AWESOME!! Shoot, does that mean you're not in my ward anymore (not that I've been a lot lately). YOU GO GIRL!!