Friday, October 17, 2008

7 Things

I've been tagged so here's 7 things about me. (I wish I could say 7 interesting things, or 7 things you didn't know, or something like that but it is just 7 random things.)

1-I can't watch nature shows...you know, where the lion chases after the gazelle and tears it apart? Yeah, can't do it. Trevor once caught me crying while watching one of these shows. I don't think he'll ever let me live that down. I'm just a big emotional dork.

2-I hate the dark. My house is called 'Safety House USA' for a reason! Every door and window has to be locked, and then relocked before I go to bed. I sleep with the bathroom light on in my room, with my door shut and sometimes locked, depending on how creeped out I am that night. I have a monitor on in my kids room so I can hear everything that goes on in their room. I've always had issues with the dark, but having a husband that works nights doesn't really help things!

3-My tear ducts are magically attached to my sister Jacki's tear ducts. When she cries, I cry. When her eyes mist over, so do mine. I don't know what it is. Again, it could be that I'm an emotional dork. Who knows...

4-I'm a craigslist junkie. I have to look at it almost every night. Even if there's nothing that I need at the time, I still have to look.

5-I am very unorganized. I really WANT to be organized, but I normally try to get organized and then give up. I think my brain lacks the ability to follow through with things. So if anyone out there has any tips, let me know!!

6-I have a horrible memory! I have very few memories of my childhood, and the memories from high school are starting to fade. I am horrible at remembering birthdays, so if I've forgotten your birthday, I apologize! Don't blame me, blame my memory!!!

7-I can't go into Target without going to the bathroom. Even if I went before I left, without fail, at some point while walking through Target, I'll feel the sudden urgency to use the bathroom. And let me remind you that the bathrooms at Target are not always the cleanest, plus after having a few kids, I don't have the 'control' that I used to. So now I try to limit my visits to Target, or carry my lysol wipes with me when I go.

And there you have it. 7 totally uninteresting things about me. Don't you feel mentally nourished?? I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, so let's choose Jacki, Naomi, Cathy, Heather, Pa, Jen, and Jess. I know some of you already posted something like this, so don't feel the need to do it again!!!

1 comment:

melissabastow said...

Your list is awesome. I can totally relate on like 5 of them. And I would say that I can relate on the nature show thing, but it more grosses me out than makes me cry to watch a gazelle get ripped to shreds. And also when my sisters cry, I just say, "Get over PANSY!" But other than that - your list could be about me too. And what's up with the whole memory thing? It drives me crazy that I can't remember anything. Maybe you and I were abducted by aliens in high school and the aliens put a tap in our brains and are slowly sucking out the information as we gain it. That HAS to be it.