Monday, January 26, 2009

It's been a while since I've updated, so I'll try to squish the last month into one post. I should be sleeping, but the neighbors are celebrating Chinese New Year with fireworks and other loud crap, so I doubt I could sleep anyway!! I am amazed that my kids haven't woken up yet!!! Anyway!!

We had a FANTASTIC Christmas this year! I went a little overboard, which explains our lack of money this month, but it was worth it......I think! The kids loved all their new toys, and we had so much fun spending time together. Mr and Mrs Claus were up til 3am putting together the basketball hoop they gave us! Whew! It took forever!!

Here are my kids on Christmas Eve in their new jammies.

Our oh-so-lame plate for Santa! But, it's what the kids wanted to give him, so I guess that's what matters, right??

Jonathan got a big boy bike that he just loves!!!

Emily's favorite gifts were her new baby and stroller. It's so fun buying for girls!

We had opened all the presents, and then asked Jonathan if he had gotten everything that he wanted. He said he loved his presents, but he didn't get a basketball hoop. Trevor then told him that he heard someone playing basketball late last night, and that maybe we should check it out. It was so cute to see him go to the door, and then see the excitement once he saw the hoop. It was just perfect! This was our family gift, and we have enjoyed having it!!!


This would be my thrashed front room! It took me forever to clean up!!!

So all in all we had a great Christmas! We had fun spending time with family and friends christmas eve and christmas day, and it was just great!!!

JANUARY

These pictures were taken the first Sunday of the new year(thanks Jacki for the idea!!). I think we'll make it a tradition, although I like Jacki's idea of taking the picture at church. Anyway, my kids are getting so big! Jonathan is now a SUNBEAM!! Crazy! I'm embarrassed to say I did shed a tear or two! He did so good! I just walked him to his seat in primary, and told him to have fun and that I'd see him after class. He said, 'ok mom! bye! i love you!' and that was it. I walked out the door and stood there for a minute, wondering how I got so lucky to have such a sweet little boy. He's getting so big. And Emily didn't cry when I sent her to nursery without her favorite brother! She's had issues in the past, but always had Jonathan right next to her. So my kids did amazingly well!

Ok, I have more pictures to post, but they'll have to wait! The fireworks are finally over, and I should really go to bed so I'm not grumpy with my kids tomorrow! Hopefully I can blog the rest of the month soon! We'll see!

No comments: