Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Stuff!

This post is just a bunch of random things that have happened lately that I want to record for memory sake! The first one has to do with yet another one of my children exploring her 'smeller'. I came home from work one day and noticed that Emily was sniffling a lot and kept picking at her nose. I just thought she had a stuffed up nose, but she kept messing with it and when I looked closer I saw a little hair-like thing sticking out of her nose. I got out my handy tweezers, and this is what I found...

It's kind of hard to see what it is, but Emily stuffed a piece of carpet up her nose. I could only reach it with my tweezers, so it was pretty far up there. So gross! That was a couple weeks ago, and again, I thought Emily would have learned her lesson......but apparently not. We went to my dad's house tonight for fathers day. My kids LOVE going over there! Well, Grandma Riet, being the awesome grandma that she is, gave us a baggie of cherries to take home. I let Emily hold them in the car on the way home, and didn't realize until we got home that she had opened the bag and eaten some of the cherries......not a big deal. I then notice that she's sniffling again and picking at her nose. Fantastic. Just what I need! So I get out my tweezers again, and after about half an hour of fighting Emily to pick at her nose, I finally extract this from her nose...

...what is that, you're asking? That would be half of a cherry(thankfully no pit!)! I'm so glad I was able to get it out! Now my question is, at what age will she STOP seeing what will fit up her nose??? ...(and at what age will mommy stop freaking out every time she does??) :)

On to happier news, Jonathan is growing up too quickly. He is so smart, and loves to share his knowledge with whomever will listen.
~A couple weeks ago in primary, the primary president was asking if any of the kids had missionary moments to share. Jonathan raised his hand, and when called on said, "I eat dinner with my mommy and daddy." Sister Nutall was quick to respond with, "so do you teach your mommy and daddy about what you learn about in primary?" to which Jonathan replies, "no, I don't ever really think about church."
~Then today I was asked to teach Jonathans class with my friend Lindsey. Our lesson was about how Heavenly Father created animals for us. She asked where milk comes from, and one of the kids said, "from cows." Jonathan quickly said, "No, milk comes from the grocery store." I laughed at that. He said it so matter-of-factly!
~Jonathan makes us laugh all the time! Last week, out of the blue, Jonathan said, "FYI mommy, that stinks." Where in the heck does he hear this stuff? :)
~Jonathan has also decided he likes to dress himself! I've resorted to small bribes to get him to change before we leave the house!

He loves his basketball jerseys! Awww, and look at this cute picture!!!

Jonathan sure loves his daddy!

And now I'll leave you with a few cute pics of my kids!!


2 comments:

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!!! I don't know what goes through a child's mind to make them want to stuff things up their nose. Don't feel bad about freaking out because as funny as this is I was sort of freaking out myself and she's not even my kid. Hopefully you can nip that thing in the bud soon. I'm glad it has turned out well so far.

I love your kids they are so much fun and they are really good hearted.

Lindeyjepson said...

my little brother used to pick foam from is crib mattress and stuff it way up his nose, my mom didnt know there was a problem until after about a week he started smelling rotten! She took him to the doctor and they had to tie him down and use super LONG tweezers to pull out a bunch of nasty infected nose foam. He was probably around the same age as Emily.